This article discusses how to troubleshoot the activation issues in Microsoft Office from Office 365.
Activation fails and you may receive one the following error messages:
We are unable to connect right now. Please check your network and try again later.
Sorry, we can’t connect to your account. Please try again later.
A. Sign out & close all Office applications
B. Run UNPKey Command: [Ref Article - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2745026]
1. In the C: drive please locate the "OSPP" file -
* If you're running 64-bit Windows with 32-bit Office, you will find the OSPP file in - C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
* If you're running 32-bit Windows, or running 64-bit Office with 64-bit Windows, you will find the OSPP file in - <C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16>
2.Copy the path where you find the "OSPP" file
3.Open the Command Prompt as administrator
4. Type Cd (Paste the path where you located the OSPP file and press ENTER)
* Then Type - cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus
* Look for the last five characters of the installed product key.
* Remove product keys. To remove a product key, type the following command, and then press Enter:
* cscript ospp.vbs /unpkey: <Last five characters of product key>
C. Open Office application & sign in with Office 365 credentials.